Thursday, December 2, 2010

Used to

"Used to" refers to something that you regularly did in the past but don't do anymore.
  • I used to be very messy, but now I'm very neat.
  • Did you use to collect thing?
Yes, I used to collect comic books.
No, I didn't use to collect anything, but now I collect art.
  • What sports did you use to play?
I never used to play sports, but now I play tennis.




Which of these is true for you?

  • When I was a kid, I used to be very messy, but now I'm very neat.
  • I used to have a lot of hobbies, but now I don't have any free time.
  • I didn't use to collect anything, but now I do.
  • I used to be really into fashion, but these days I'm not interested anymore.
  • I never used to play sports, but now I like to keep fit.
  • I never used to worry about money, but now I do.
  • I didn't use to follow politics, but now I read the newspaper every day.
  • When I was younger, I used to care a lot about my appearance. Now, I'm too busy to care how I look.



Think of five more things you used to do before but don't do anymore.

  1. ..........................
  2. ..........................
  3. ..........................
  4. ..........................
  5. ..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment