Friday, December 3, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
"Used to" refers to something that you regularly did in the past but don't do anymore.
- I used to be very messy, but now I'm very neat.
- Did you use to collect thing?
Yes, I used to collect comic books.
No, I didn't use to collect anything, but now I collect art.
- What sports did you use to play?
I never used to play sports, but now I play tennis.
Which of these is true for you?
- When I was a kid, I used to be very messy, but now I'm very neat.
- I used to have a lot of hobbies, but now I don't have any free time.
- I didn't use to collect anything, but now I do.
- I used to be really into fashion, but these days I'm not interested anymore.
- I never used to play sports, but now I like to keep fit.
- I never used to worry about money, but now I do.
- I didn't use to follow politics, but now I read the newspaper every day.
- When I was younger, I used to care a lot about my appearance. Now, I'm too busy to care how I look.
Think of five more things you used to do before but don't do anymore.
In each sentence there is one word which shouldn't be there. Find the odd word.
- You shouldn't to have told him that.
- Would you have mind helping me with this?
- We were been ale to book a hotel room through a travel agency.
- Can you please to pass the salt?
- He might have had left his waller at home.
- You are not allowed it to enter that part of the building.
- Sonia should be know about his refusal to co-operate.
- They needn't to have spent so much money on redecorating their house.
- He may be is waiting for the bus.
- Mr Beaumont is to will arrive at 9.00 am tomorrow.
- Ellen is likely that to return sooner than expected.
- How about we calling him to find out if he has been invited too?
- That can't to have been Richard Gere!
- You should to go now.
- Might does he still be waiting for us?
- She will has to make an appointment to see the doctor.
- He has had got to borrow money twice already this month.
- You mustn't to let anyone know about our agreement.
- She may have had given you the wrong address.
- Would you mind if my asking you a personal question?